How To Use PetLab Artificial Turf / Outdoor Cleaner
Treat all outdoor surfaces including: artificial turf, concrete, brick, outdoor furniture, kennels, swing sets, fences, walls or any other surface where odours arise due to pets.
Treating Urine Odour on Artificial Turf
This is usually for the initial deep treatment of heavily soiled outdoor surfaces using the combined power of enzymes and natural based disinfectant in a first-of-its-kind proprietary 2-step treatment process.
Step 1 – Day 1
1) Prepare surface area before treating by removing all visible surface debris.
2) If treating artificial turf, use an artificial turf rake to unlock embedded debris. Recommended to push the rake against the turf pile so that the grass blades are returned to an upright position, allowing liquids to seep deep down.
3) Water down the area with clean tap water only.
4) After about 10 minutes apply the enzyme solution generously so that it seeps through to the base where the source of the odour is.
5) Allow to dwell and air dry naturally. (Recommended to apply at sunset being the coolest time of day, to avoid premature evaporation)
Step 2 – Day 2
1) Rinse the area again with hose water to remove any residue resulting from the enzymatic biological action.
2) Apply the Outdoor/Turf solution generously over the area.
3) Allow to dwell and air dry naturally.
Note: Frequency of maintenance treatments all depends on how many pets use the area as their toilet and also if the area is used as their primary toilet.
In warm/hot seasons - fortnightly maintenance.
In cooler seasons - 4-6 weeks maintenance.
Regular watering down between treatments is recommended.
- Small Surface Areas: Watering Can or Pressure Pump Spray Bottle (up to 15 sq meters).
- Larger Surface Areas: Hose Applicator Bottle (40+ sq meters).
2L Hose Applicator Bottle Instructions
1) Pour 100ml of the super concentrate into the 2L hose applicator bottle, fill the rest up with water and attach the lid.
2) Connect hose to the green spray cap with the plug still closed (inserted).
3) Kink the hose, then turn it on 1/2 pressure and unplug cap.
4) Unkink the hose and the water flow will start siphoning the cleaning solution through the plastic straw (inside the canister) and the correct amount of cleaning solution will be dispensed across the surface being treated.
Treating Urine Stains & Odour on Concrete, Brick Paving, and Unsealed surfaces
Note: These surfaces are porous, resulting in urine deposits being absorbed deep into the flooring. Therefore it is crucial to treat urine-affected area/s on these surfaces immediately. If Left untreated for long periods it can result in discolouration and/or burn marks which in most cases are irreversible. Treating with PetLab will however remove lingering odours.
How to apply:
- Spray the entire surface liberally with PetLab Stain & Odour solution
- Cover with a non-porous plastic covering (tarp) for at least two to three hours to slow down the drying time by delaying evaporation and allow the enzyme solution to penetrate the surface.
- Blot the floor dry with paper towels or microfibre cloth. For larger outdoor areas, rinse with a garden hose or watering can.
- Repeat Steps 2, 3 and 4 as required with two hours between applications until urine odour is removed.
- For indoor surfaces, lightly spray the surface with water to remove any residue. Outside areas can be rinsed with water and left to air dry.
Note: We also recommend disinfecting the area after the enzyme treatment. The PetLab Plus Outdoor/Turf concentrate is a natural pet-safe disinfectant that will disinfect the area and also enhance the odour control potency for an even cleaner and odour free result.
View our range here: PetLab PLUS